The primary purpose of this rank is to acquaint practitioners with fundamental principles and techniques of the Vicar Eskrima System. These include basic stances, footwork and techniques that are used throughout the system, ranging from the correct ways to hold the weapon to simple striking combinations. For this grading, you should be able to:
- recall fundamental terminology required to learn Eskrima
- satisfactorily perform the required drills for this rank
- demonstrate the techniques required for this rank
- effectively apply the techniques in this rank to various self-defence situations
- demonstrate improved sparring skills with and without the baston.
Duration of this rank: three to six months.
Select the lessons below to begin learning.